New staff at RHS

Zoya Ahmed and Eileen Brennan, Staff Writers

Picture by Eileen Brennan

Theresa Robinson (Foreign Language Department)

Favorite part of RHS: “My favorite thing about RHS is the appearance of value and respect and the ownership that some students take when it comes to learning.”

Before RHS: German teacher for 10 years

Little-known-fact: A HUGE horror movie fan.

Colleges/degrees: Attended University of Michigan, Bowling Green State, Eastern Michigan University, and University of Nebraska.

Comments: “I’m amazed and impressed at the work ethic of my students!”

Picture by Eileen Brennan

Sarah Tovella (Family and Consumer Science Department)

Favorite part of RHS: “Teachers and administration really strive to help students have a good experience at school. It’s very nice to be around! The kids and the administration have made me feel like my job is important and made me feel wanted.”

Before RHS: Taught foods/cooking at two other schools, one of which is in Indiana.

Little-known-fact: Loves working out and setting goals for exercise.

Colleges/degrees: Majored in secondary education and minored in health at Western Michigan

Comments: “I feel really fortunate that I am able to be a part of this amazing team!”

Picture by Eileen Brennan

Stephanie Danelko (Math Department)

Favorite part of RHS: “I like to see all of the school spirit and pride in being a Falcon. The staff and students are also extremely welcoming!”

Before RHS: Taught Honors Algebra 2, AP Statistics, Algebra 2, and Link Crew for six years at Waterford Kettering High School.

Little-known-fact: Could eat Taco Bell for virtually every meal, is obsessed with Michigan State Men’s Basketball, and her go-to snacks are Dr. Pepper and Sour Patch kids.

Colleges/degrees: I attended Michigan State University for my Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics and my Master of Arts in Teaching and Curriculum.

Comments: “I am excited to learn more about Rochester Schools and get to know the Falcon Community better!”

Picture by Zoya Ahmed

Kara Sears (Social Studies Department)

Favorite part of RHS: “My favorite part is definitely the Falcon Frenzy because it was very exciting. I love the school spirit and culture of school, and there is no other school like it in the district.”

Before RHS: Taught social studies within the district for 13 years, was a theatre director at AHS, acted as the Rotary Interact Advisor and STUGO Advisor at ACE.

Little-known-fact: Active in community, and loves history. History is a big part of her life. Has a sister on staff, loves visiting Marco Island in Florida, spent her entire life in Rochester and in Rochester Community Schools, and her kids go to RCS as well.

Colleges/degrees: Went to OU for a major in history and social studies in addition to minoring in Political Science and Secondary Education Education.

Comments: “I’m really happy and excited to be at RHS. The students and staff are awesome.”

Picture by Eileen Brennan

Nicole Lashar (Art Department)

Favorite part of RHS: “Being part of a school community that is committed to excellence and appreciates the arts!”

Before RHS: Taught Art at The International Academy of Macomb.

Little-known-fact: As a professional photographer, she has a published book and loves to travel

Colleges/degrees: Oakland University with a degree in Art Education with Photography.

Comments: “I’d like all the staff and students to know that I am excited to be a part of a great learning community and I look forward to getting to know everyone better this year!”

Picture by Zoya Ahmed

Jamie Kay ( Social Studies Department)

Favorite part of RHS: “I love the friendly and welcoming administrators, staff and students.”

Before RHS: She was a social studies teacher at Anchor Bay High School, and she taught economics and U.S. history.

Little-known-fact: She still plays basketball and can make three pointers. She can also karaoke/rap 90’s hip hop.

Colleges/degrees: She went to Wayne State University, majored in Social Studies, and minored in History.

Comments: “I am married and have two sons: Brady (five) and Lukas (one). I root for the Green Bay Packers and have my own cheesehead.”

Picture by Eileen Brennan

Tarra Dodge (Special Education Department)

Favorite part of RHS: “I love when the band plays on Friday morning. It really energizes me. What a great way to start the day!”

Before RHS: Taught in Rochester for 17 years as an ASD program teacher at SCHS for eight years, moved to Reuther CI in November 2016.

Little-known-fact: Has a kitten and a puppy in addition to two sons who are 13 and 9, owns about 50 pairs of shoes, and loves fall.

Colleges/degrees: Did undergraduate at NMU and majored in Special Education while minoring in Psychology and Math, graduate program at OU majoring in Special Education.

Comments: “I am so glad to be at RHS. The staff and students are so friendly.”