So often we fail to enjoy what we are living in the present moment. As humans, we are always wondering what our future will look like and we think about trying to get through the present faster so we can be in that future that we so often daydream about. But as children, we would only ever live in the moment. Not a worry in sight, innocent as a dove. No jobs to think about, no homework to cry over, just peace and play. I don’t often think back to my own childhood, but as I was thinking of a prompt to write about for the school paper, I thought, “let’s mix it up a little” So, as the curious person I am, I have interviewed several students and teachers about their favorite childhood memory and why. I chose the best out of them to put on this page.

The first person I interviewed was Rea Progri, a freshman at Rochester High. Rea tells me that her childhood was very important to her. She says, “My favorite memory is when we would go to Albania every summer because we would see all of our family over there and go to a bunch of different cities and just spend quality time together.” Rea’s memory was very heart warming and a very relatable story.

Another student I interviewed was Caroline Hoose, a sophomore at Rochester High. Similarly to Rea, Caroline also loved a vivid part of her childhood where it was full of travel. Caroline told me, “I would say my favorite childhood memory would be going up north to my cottage almost every weekend over the summers. All of my cousins would be there too and we’d all get to hangout, it was so much fun getting to be with all my family and to go out to the lake so we could all go tubing and swimming. We would all have dinner together and stay out late by the campfire. I love getting to see all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents there every summer!” Caroline, similarly to Rea, tells me that spending time with her family all summer was what mattered most to her in her childhood.

The very last person I interviewed was Maya Dahmane, a sophomore at Rochester High. Maya was very brief with her interview, hence why she was in a rush. She says, “my favorite childhood memory was when I went to Algeria when I was five years old and my baba let me drive the jet ski with him. Let me tell you I was whipping it around like a boss. I never felt so free in my life, now, some may ask me how I remember, but this memory was so fire! How could I not remember it?” Wow, Maya really had me shocked with this one! Out of all the people I had interviewed, Maya Dahmane had to have been the biggest daredevil.

In all, as Falcons, we can all find different ways to connect, and in this case, we can connect with similarities in experiences we have had. All three of the girls I interviewed had the most vivid memory involving family and travel. Even though some were more adventurous or more simple than others, there is no doubt that everyone has similar experiences in life that make us who we are.