Singer and songwriter Benson Boone has taken the music industry by storm. His songs have topped the charts recently, hitting the Billboard Hot 100. The real question is who is this 21-year-old singer from Washington? Is his music as good as the other 13 countries with him in their top 10 spots?

Boone has recently become extremely popular. His TikTok account has reached over 5.5 million followers in the last month and has more than 45 million monthly listeners on Spotify. The first song that kick-started his popularity was his single “Ghost Town,” written in 2021. This song topped the charts in over 13 countries, number one in Norway. His following songs “In the Stars” and “Beautiful Things” have also been extremely successful, with “Beautiful Things” hitting the Billboard Top 10, earning the number one spot worldwide. 

The pop star has made a big impact from Gen Z kids to Gen X parents. Out of the people I interviewed at Rochester over 92% knew who he was. Grace Drysdale, a freshman, said that she “Likes his music, even though I don’t listen to a lot of it.” Her favorite song by him is “Beautiful Things”. Spriha Shibu, a junior, says that her favorite song by him is “In the Stars.” 

Most people who have heard of him said they found his music through social media. Kieran Feldkamp said she “found his music mainly through TikTok.”

Boone is going on tour in Europe starting in May, hitting countries such as France, Germany, Denmark, and Norway. He also plans to come to the US during early April and throughout May.