Golden State Warriors continue their dominance

6’3″ guard Steph Curry has been a crucial element to the Warriors’ success. Photo courtesy of www.expressnews.com

Austin Remick, Staff Writer

Despite recently suffering their first defeat since game three of last year’s NBA Finals, the Golden State Warriors are having a season to remember.  The defending NBA champs own the best record in the league, and they show very few signs of slowing down.

“I still believe they are easily the team to beat,” sophomore and avid basketball fan Jack Paruch said.  “Their loss won’t hurt them too much. They will just go on another run.”

Golden State won its first 24 games of the season, a new NBA record, and their supporters have 27-year-old point guard Steph Curry to thank. The reigning MVP is enjoying a career year, averaging more than 30 points per game and shooting over 50 percent from the floor.

“He’s played incredibly,” Paruch said.  “He’s almost unguardable. 25 (points) for him is a bad night.  I definitely think he’s the top player in the league right now.”

Paruch is among the growing number of fans who believe the Warriors have the potential to break the single-season win record of 72 set by Michael Jordan’s legendary 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls.

“I definitely think they could break the record,” Paruch said.  “I don’t think they’re better than the (1995-96) Bulls because the competition is easier now, but they will break the record.  They’re too dominant.”