BRIEF: The Walk in the ROC aims to raise funds for Karmanos cancer institute

Bailey Boerman, Entertainment Editor

On Saturday, Nov. 7th, 2015 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. the Walk in the ROC, hosted by various RHS clubs, will take place at Rochester High School to raise funds for Karmanos cancer institute.

“I felt as if I could utilize my position as president of Spanish National Honor Society, in addition to Trisha Gupte’s position as president of SHO and Rashna Soonavala’s position as president of NHS, to hold an event that could potentially have the impact on the lives of many in the greater Rochester community,” senior Garrett Perozich said.

This event is the first of its kind and all members of the community are encouraged to attend.

“It’s important for many reasons,” Perozich said. “The first is obviously to raise both awareness and money for breast cancer research. The second, however, is to unite the clubs at RHS. Rashna Trisha and myself felt as if Walk in the ROC could bring the clubs together, in addition, creating a sense of unity amongst the student body.”

The Walk in the ROC aims to provide a chance for others to make a difference.

“What we want attendees to take away from this is simple: breast cancer is real and it’s more common than most people think,” Perozich said. “Each and every person has the power to influence someone else’s life, whether it’s in the form of attending and supporting an event like Walk in The ROC, or hosting the event itself.”