Benson Boone Review

Varsity Basketball Districts

April 8, 2024

The Childhood of a Falcon

April 8, 2024

How to Put Together a Trendy Spring Outfit

April 8, 2024

2023 Spotify Wrapped

Spotify has released its yearly roundup. The Spotify 2023 Wrapped shows all the songs you’ve listened to this year into a 3-minute slideshow with your top songs, artists, albums, podcasts, and a special message from your top artist. This year in particular was a music buzz as many new songs and albums came out. One specific album released was Bad Bunny’s Un Verano Sin Ti, which received a whopping 4.5 billion streams globally.  The Spotify community specifically called 2023 Spotify Wrapped “a celebration of the real, the realer, and the realest listening moments that defined our year.” This year’s wrap brought people together. As people shared their wraps on social media, creating a sense of connection and excitement. 

Spotify Wrapped also provided users with insight into their listening habits. It shows the total number of minutes spent listening, the most listened-to song for each month, and how many songs you played in total this year. The best addition people are saying was the message from your top artist. If there was one thing that stood out to me it was the message. I thought it was a way for you to connect with the artist and get you excited for what is to come. My message was from the Rock Band Maneskin which was my top artist. 

I interviewed other students here at RHS about their view of the 2023 Spotify Wrapped and what their top artists and songs were. Senior Safa Al-Murib said, “I liked my top artists and songs but I wish I had more minutes, my top artist was Childish Gambino, and my top song was Lights Turned On by Childish Gambino.” 

I also interviewed the RHS math teacher Mr. Byrd, a major drum player. He said, “My top artist was Turnstile and my top song was TCL by Turnstile.” 

Spotify has also been loving the buzz around its yearly wrap. They say it’s like a musical time capsule. Seeing all your favorite songs combined into a playlist can make you feel nostalgic. Spotify also loves sharing the favorite songs of many of your favorite artists. For example, Harry Styles’ top song is “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” by Pink Floyd and Beyonce’s top song is “Sweet Love” by Anita.  

An exciting feature Spotify has added is personalized playlists based on each user’s listening preferences. Playlists like “Your Top Songs of 2023”, “Missed Hits”, and “On Repeat” allowed users to relive their favorite songs and discover hidden gems they might have missed throughout the year. Another addition to playlists is the “Tastebreakers” playlist, which introduces users to new artists and genres that they might not have discovered yet. The songs recommended to you could fit into your liking based on your listening habits and artist choices. The taste breakers playlist has introduced many new songs, giving everyone a chance to broaden their musical horizons and explore new sounds. 

Overall Spotify Wrapped this year was one to remember with all the new features.  From everything being personalized to fit your listening needs to music for that specific feeling. Spotify Wrapped bundled up all the good things this year and got us excited for what’s to come.