Benson Boone Review

Varsity Basketball Districts

April 8, 2024

The Childhood of a Falcon

April 8, 2024

How to Put Together a Trendy Spring Outfit

April 8, 2024

The Holiday Tradition

As winter’s frost bites deeper and the days get shorter, a delightful and charming season of happiness, family, and timeless Christmas traditions descends upon us. This beloved holiday is more than just a date on the calendar. It is a season of love, giving, and charity celebrated by millions of people worldwide. Christmas has intertwined together a bundle of traditions and festivities that bring families, friends, and communities closer together in this happy celebration. People of all ages cherish the Christmas tradition uniting people in the jolly embrace of this festive season. From the sparkling lights covering homes top to bottom to the scent of freshly made cookies filling the air, strong feelings of giving are present during the Christmas season. 

Carter Rupert tells us what his Christmas decorating scene looks like, “My mom puts garlands everywhere around the house, changing out the paintings to Christmas paintings and a wreath we have. We also put a train that goes around the tree and included ceramic houses that showcase a whole village. We have a bunch of ornaments that I personally like to hang up like the mean girl’s ornament and a cruise ship one” as well as “Everything Christmas-related is centered around my great aunt’s and uncle’s house. It’s a nice big and open wooden house which makes Christmas decorations look amazing in it. Six years ago, we started a tradition where every two years we have a sleepover and do gingerbread house competitions”

Charitable organizations and neighborhood associations initiate special projects to ensure that everyone can experience the love and joy of the holidays. Contributions of food, clothing, and toys turn into major events as people gather together to support the less fortunate further showing the unification of the community in helping others in need. Generosity from individuals and businesses spreads kindness and generosity throughout the community. For many, gathering around a festive meal with loved ones is the pinnacle of the Christmas tradition. Tables groaning under the weight of a traditional meal, consisting of roast turkey and ham along with delicious pastries. The exchanging of wonderful presents, the sounds of carolers, and the laughter of loved ones create treasured memories that last a lifetime.

“I want to go back to the Oakland Christmas Carol trip again and again because of how much I miss that place. Around winter time we do a ski trip with a bunch of family and friends which is the highlight of my year. The Meadowbrook house near Oakland University is massive and wooden with really tall ceilings and they decked the whole place with Christmas decorations which is cool and I want to go back to it. Christmas church is special at that time because it’s all dark and we get candles which look really cool in there” Rupert says, “I have a little tradition of wearing a bathrobe to open presents. I made it a tradition where I wear Christmas pajamas the night before, put on slippers, and my Coca-Cola sweater. After I wake up I wear the bathrobe to go down and open presents.”

People worldwide celebrate the wonders of the Christmas season, generating a sense of anticipation. Across little towns and bustling metropolises, people gather throughout Christmas to celebrate joy, love, and goodwill. In an increasingly divided world, the season of Christmas serves as a reminder of the importance of coming together, forming bonds, and showing kindness to create a more optimistic and promising future.