Benson Boone Review

Varsity Basketball Districts

April 8, 2024

The Childhood of a Falcon

April 8, 2024

How to Put Together a Trendy Spring Outfit

April 8, 2024

Booktok Strikes Again!

Do you ever not have any books to read? Well, I have a solution for you! If you have a phone, there’s only one thing to do: download TikTok. TikTok is an interactive app where you can create or watch videos. A popular hashtag on the app is #BookTok, which features thousands of different creators who use their accounts to show books they love. This hashtag has over 179.3 billion views! The TikTok algorithm puts videos on your feed that are personalized based on your searches and your liked videos. When you come across a book video, saving it to your favorites will guarantee more to show up.

Of course, there are going to be books that are just so good, they keep coming up on your feed. I took it upon myself to ask some of our very own Rochester students which books they’ve seen the most show up! 

“A popular book I’ve seen the most… I’d have to say is “The Summer I Turned Pretty,” said sophomore Juliana Pass. It’s all over her for you page! 

Another sophomore, Stella Marlow, was influenced by BookTok. She says that “Shatter Me” was a book that kept showing up until she read– and loved– it. Even if reading isn’t a hobby of yours, it’s easy to fall into the pages of a good book. Especially if it catches your attention because others love it. 

Another student, Addy Aulph, kept coming across the “Twisted” series by Ana Huang and just couldn’t resist!

Books have always been a huge part of the world, as they’re used for knowledge and entertainment. Social media has set the standard for book advertisement and spreads titles around quickly. This helps improve book sales for small authors or even can rekindle a reader’s love for books. BookTok is a huge symbol of love for books worldwide!