Ohio State offers Michigan Four-Star 2015 commit Shaun Crawford a scholarship

Ohio+State+offers+Michigan+Four-Star+2015+commit+Shaun+Crawford+a+scholarship+

Shaun Crawford, the No. 49 ranked prospect in the 2015 class, has committed to the University of Michigan. Crawford is the fifth commitment in his class for the Wolverines, and the third within the top 50 of the ESPN Jr. 300.

Crawford says it would be a “dream come true” to be able to commit to Michigan. Despite this, head coach Urban Meyer and the Ohio State Buckeyes have other ideas.

According to MLive.com’s Nick Baumgardner and ESPN.com’s Tom VanHaaren, the Buckeyes have formally offered Crawford a scholarship. VanHaaren also reported that Crawford is now focusing on his high school career at the moment.

From Crawford’s scouting report, he can play either wide receiver or defensive back. He has the jumping capability and the way he plays is beyond the ordinary.

Crawford is the sixth cornerback committed for Michigan over the last three years, which shows just how big of a need he is for the Wolverines. Crawford can play both offense and defense, as well as special teams when it comes down to game times decisions.

Crawford, 5’9-168 pounds, isn’t the tallest or strongest guy on the field, but his eyes and feet help him make big plays on the field. He is a great add for the University of Michigan, and even for Ohio State if he decides to decommit.

If Crawford decides to commit to U-M, he will join five-star wide receiver George Campbell, five-star running back Damien Harris, three-star offensive lineman Jon Runyan Jr. and three-star kicker Andrew Davis.