Benson Boone Review

Varsity Basketball Districts

April 8, 2024

The Childhood of a Falcon

April 8, 2024

How to Put Together a Trendy Spring Outfit

April 8, 2024

Lions waive wide receiver Patrick Edwards, sign tight end Dorin Dickerson

The Lions have made roster moves after a 31-17 comeback victory over the Cleveland Browns. Its was reported on his Twitter account that tight end Dorin Dickerson has signed with Detroit.

While tight end Tony Scheffler is battling a concussion, Dickerson will add necessary depth to the depleted position. With Scheffler being out, starter Brandon Pettigrew played almost the entire game Sunday. Undrafted rookie Joseph Fauria also had a significant on-field impact by catching three touchdowns, a career high for the UCLA Bruins.

Scheffler did not travel with the team to Cleveland.When asked if he will end up on injured reserve, head coach Jim Schwartz declined to comment.

“Him and [running back Theo] Riddick are still being evaluated, they didn’t make the trip, but we’ve done that with a lot of guys that have been concussed,” Schwartz told the Detroit Free Press. “Travel is one of the things that can potentially set guys back. The pressurized environment on the plane, and stadiums and stuff like that. So both of those guys didn’t travel with us this week. They’re still being evaluated, so that’s really all I have to say there.”

Dickerson last played for the Buffalo Bills in 2012. In 11 games played, Dickerson caught nine passes for 117 yards and 0 touchdowns. The Pittsburgh graduate will be a major factor in stretching out the field with his 4.5 40-yard speed.

In response to signing Dickerson, the Lions have waived wide receiver Patrick Edwards to make room for the tight end. In four games, Edwards caught 5 passes for 46 yards. Edwards missed two games due to injuries.