Teachers give their goodbyes to RHS

Hussein Murray, Staff Writer

Teacher: Mrs. Bastian

Subject(s): Social Studies

Courses taught: World History, US History, Government, Philosophy, Sociology

Years at RHS: 4

Where you’re going?: “Stoney Creek High School”

What your job will be there?: “Social Studies Teacher.”

What you’ll be teaching?: “I’ll be teaching World History, Economics and Philosophy.”

What you’ll miss most about RHS?: “The thing I will miss the most about RHS is the students. I’ve felt extremely blessed to have taught so many wonderful students. RHS students are intelligent, funny and compassionate. My students made each day a new adventure and I looked forward to coming into school every day.”

What you’re looking forward to about your next place?: “I am looking forward to teaching World History again and meeting everyone at Stoney Creek.”

Parting words: “To quote one of my favorite books, Harry Potter, “It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities’.”

Teacher: Alice Anglin

Subject(s): Family & Consumer Sciences/Health

Courses taught: Child Development, Personal Finance, Fashion Design, Interior Design, Independent Living, Foods/Nutrition & Health

Years at RHS: 12

Where you’re going?: “Hart Middle School.”

What your job will be there?: “Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher.”

What you’ll be teaching?: “7th grade Life Skills and 8th grade Foods.”

What you’ll miss most about RHS?: “The students, staff and the classroom I have taught in for 12 years…  It’s like a second home here.”

What you’re looking forward to about your next place?: “Meeting new staff and getting to work with a new age group of students.  I think it will help me to be a better teacher, parent and overall person by experiencing what it is like to teach at the middle school level.”

Parting words: “Follow your heart, be yourself and don’t be afraid to ask for help.  Practice Mindfulness.”

Teacher: Jolene Plotzke

Subject(s): Music

Courses taught: Choir and guitar

Years at RHS: 12

Where you’re going?: “McGregor Elementary.”

What your job will be there?: “Elementary music teacher.”

What you’ll be teaching?: “Elementary music, K-5.”

What you’ll miss most about RHS?: “I’ll miss the music students who dedicate so much time to this craft.  I will miss the high level of music making and the chills that we got from doing our very best.”

What you’re looking forward to about your next place?:  “I look forward to being part of the education of the whole child again.  I’ll work towards not being an elective because elementary music should be an integral part of a child’s education.  I can’t wait for music to be the students’ favorite class of the day!”

Parting words:  “Because I knew you, I have been changed for good”