Senior column: Danielle Kullmann

The lyrics of the legendary duo of Simon and Garfunkel “I’ve just been fakin’ it, not really makin’ it,” would probably be the best words to describe my high school experience.

After four years, I don’t really understand who I am, where I am or what I’ve been or am doing.

There’s only one thing I’m really sure of: that there are people who support me and want me to be happy no matter what.

I have Sam Medved, who has always been right by my side. She was there when things were difficult, and she still always is. I wish I were half as good of a friend as you always are. You’re legitimately one of the most gorgeous and intelligent people I know. You always overdo it in the best way.

I have Jessica Leininger, who is probably the most intricate person I’ve ever known. You always know how to make me laugh, and for that I am forever grateful. I’m never scared of doing anything with you, and will gladly be a middle-aged dad with you whenever you want me.

I have Edgar Sokoli, my Talon husband. I can’t stand your antics, and you better know it. I hope you figure everything out. I can not wait to see what you do and everything wonderful that you accomplish. I hope no one ever tells you that you have horse teeth.

I have Tommy Massa, who will sit and brainstorm ridiculous ideas with me for story photos and designs as I yell at him that we need to be better. I’ve never had a better design partner-in-crime, and I don’t know what this year would’ve been without you by my side during every step of the design process. Also, thank you for always providing your shirtless body for my objective gaze.

I have Sarah Walwema, who will tell me that she misses me even when we haven’t spoken for three months, and will still listen to my deepest secrets without judgement and tell me the same. We could talk for hours and hours, and I would never get bored of you. I’m so glad I got to meet you, and that we were always more than just Talon buds. I hope we can always be like this.

I have Colette Cloutier, who can make my day just by walking into the room. You’re the only person who I’d ever say I was completely blessed to meet. Everything about you is so singular. Sometimes I think about how Colette is such a perfect name for you because no one else is like you, no one else would have that name. No one could ever forget you.

I have Ahad Rauf, who fulfilled my dream of having a study buddy. Even though you are more of a study distraction … Thank you for being such a purely good person. I can’t believe how much you’ve done for me in the short period of time that I’ve known you.

I have Ali Ishaque, who probably won’t care that he’s in this so I won’t write much. But thank you for getting me a birthday gift. That really meant a lot to me.

I have Neha Bidthanapally, who will always bring up all of the dumb things I’ve done. And will also deal with me when I bring up all of the dumb things she’s done. ACE-TATE … honestly Neha. You are so dumb.

I have Joel Fickel, who is so, so much. If you dream big, I promise you that you will be able to achieve all of that. I can feel it. Carry the torch, my young Padawan. (Also, I never told you this, but you remind me of Fergus in this video).

I have Suzie Kim, Sarah Costello, Ben Catlin, Sam Guerra, Allison Skelcy, Kyle Repetto, Cara Giles, Brian Ma, Eddie Metzger, Eddie Schodowski, Katie Whitfield, Jonathon Markwort, Zach Libby, Camille Douglas, Melody Zhang, Zane D’Souza and Sneha Dodaballpur, who I can thank for plenty of things, but mostly, I’d like to thank you all for just making the world a little brighter by existing.

I have John Cockerill, my greatest high school “heartbreak,” and the person who somehow has forgiven me for all those flute/oboe cover bands I promised we’d start but never did. You have nice arms, and I’m glad I got the chance to be one of your guppies … it seems to have paid off.

Lastly, I have Mrs. Satterthwaite, who has done so much for me these past four years. Whether it was staying after school with me for an hour, just talk and listen to me, or giving me confidence in what I was doing while being critical where I needed it. You’ve been a great mentor, and I hope that I haven’t let you down in any way. Thank you for always encouraging me to be strong in the face of adversity and trusting me to think for myself.

I have so many people. Thank you for that high school.