Holiday Activities in Michigan

As the winter season of 2023 is progressing, it is crucial to know what holiday activities are worth spending your time and money on. In Michigan, there are tons of exciting things to do, especially around the holidays. Some of the more well-known events going on during the holidays are Campus Martius in Detroit, Frankenmuth’s Winter Village, and so much more! 

If you’re unlike the majority of the population and actually know how to ice skate, grab your skates and head on down to Campus Martius! Located on 800 Woodward Ave. in Detroit, Campus Martius is THE place to be this holiday season! And don’t worry if you aren’t exactly a master figure skater because, trust me, absolutely no one will be judging you because they will be too caught up in the magic of the 64 ft Norway Spruce, covered beautifully with lights. If skating isn’t your thing, don’t you worry because there are so many more opportunities here that you do not want to miss. Between the downtown shopping and the delicious restaurants all around the park, you will not run out of things to do at Detroit’s one and only Campus Martius. 

Does the idea of a nostalgic Winter Wonderland bring you joy? If so, Frankenmuths Winter Village is the place to be. Not only is the village filled with local shops and restaurants, but there are also some fun holiday activities to be a part of. Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the elves are there throughout the holiday season and are accepting Christmas lists. If you’re lucky, you might even run into the Grinch while you are there! If you do go to Frankenmuth, Zenders is a must! At Zenders, the whole family can enjoy a delicious chicken dinner and buy fresh baked goods and nicknacks in the bakery/store below. While strolling through the downtown area, be sure to grab a fresh cup of cocoa and some baked goods for the ride home, or take it with you on one of Frankenmuth’s very own Horse Drawn carriages for $45! This would be a great opportunity for the whole family and a chance to get some pretty pictures with the whole family. While up in Frankenmuth, be sure to stop at the world’s largest Christmas store, Bronners! It is open 361 days a year and it is packed floor to ceiling with every Christmas decoration you could think of. Even if shopping or decorating isn’t your thing, Bronners are definitely worth stopping at, just to feel that incredible holiday spirit. 

People here at RHS can vouch for the fact that both of these holiday activities are so much fun! They have also provided some other things they like to do over the holidays! Junior Holland Grace says “I like going to Campus Martius, it’s really fun and they have an ice skating rink, going up to pine knob to go skiing” as well as “driving through downtown Rochester to look at all of the Christmas lights on Main Street.” The state of Michigan is filled with tons of exciting holiday events that can bring joy to you and your family over this holiday season!