Benson Boone Review

Varsity Basketball Districts

April 8, 2024

The Childhood of a Falcon

April 8, 2024

How to Put Together a Trendy Spring Outfit

April 8, 2024

Winter pep assembly runs smoothly

On Fri., Jan. 23, the winter pep assembly took place at RHS during fifth and sixth hour.

The fall pep assembly is put on by student council, but this assembly was organized by the class congresses.

Sophomore class congress adviser and social studies teacher Jessica Bastion spent lots of time with the sophomores planning for the event.

“I believe that it went very well,” Mrs. Bastion said. “I believe the kids enjoyed the games. It was really fun to watch.”

Mrs. Bastion explains what the sophomores did to contribute this year.

“Class congress put on the winter pep assembly this year,” Mrs. Bastion said. “The sophomores made signs, promoted the games and decorated.”

Mrs. Bastion always enjoys going to the pep assemblies and watching the hard work pay off.

“I think it’s always really fun to watch the games,” Mrs. Bastion said. “I know the dance and cheer teams work really hard, so it’s always nice to see their performance in front of the whole school.”

The next event the class congress will help with is charity week, along with student council. Proceeds from charity week will go to the Rainbow Connection.

“Sophomore class congress in the near future will be helping with charity week,” Mrs. Bastion said. “Though Student Council runs it, we’ll be helping with whatever they can.”