BRIEF: MSU Basketball Season evokes optimism in fans

AP

Michigan State’s Denzel Valentine celebrates after hitting a three-point shot during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game against Indiana, Monday, Jan. 5, 2015, in East Lansing, Mich. Valentine led Michigan State with 15 points in a 70-50 win. (AP Photo/Al Goldis)

Jacob Lorenzo, Staff Writer

After making it to the Final Four in the March Madness Tournament last year, the Michigan State basketball team hopes to achieve higher heading into the 2015-16 season. Spartans coach Tom Izzo calling the program’s 15-year drought since its 2000 national title a reason for motivation. Making it to the Final Four and winning will be a great moment that Spartan fans will never forget.

“MSU basketball has finally become an elite program,” freshman Ryan Noble said. “They will continue they legacy when they get more recruits in the future.”

Valentine got his second triple-double of the year and is already making a statement to be the Player of the Year. Noble agrees that he is the best in the league.

“No one can compare to the way that Valentine is playing right now,” Noble said. “He will easily win the Player of the Year as long as he stays healthy.”

Noble hopes that they win the National Championship this season.

“These players and Tom Izzo deserve to be National Champions for how hard they work,” Ryan said. “Winning it all will be a great accomplishment for not only the players but the program as well.”