Upcoming Movies in 2017

Patrick Jordan, Staff Writer

With the year 2017 quickly approaching, there are many major releases, cinema-wise, to look forward to. A few students at Rochester have discussed what they are looking forward to, and what they’re not.

Ninth grader Alexander Reeve expresses his excitement for upcoming movies he is looking forward to in 2017.

“[I’m looking forward to] ‘Rogue One,’ ‘Doctor Strange,’ ‘Gymkhana Nine’,” Reeve said. “One, because ‘Rogue One’, Star Wars! ‘Doctor Strange,’ the trailers look freakin’ awesome. And ‘Gymkhana Nine’ because we finally get to see the Hoonicorn Two in action. [The Hoonicorn is a Mustang (car)].”

Both junior Theodore Kurokawa and senior Tyler Harper share that they are excited for one movie in particular, “Guardians of the Galaxy Two.”

“[I’m excited for] Guardians of the Galaxy two,” Kurokawa said. “The first one had great characters, music, lines, and story. It’s entertaining, I’m excited to see what they have in store for the next one.”

Harper agrees.

“[I’m excited for] ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’, because it’s an amazing movie,” Harper said. “It has great characters [and] it’s a riot.”

But with anticipated movie releases, there are also ones that are not as thrilling or anticipated by the students at Rochester. Tyler Harper states what he is least excited for.

“To be honest, Marvel movies,” Harper said. “They are overdone and have the same plot over and over again.”

Reeve states what movie he is looking forward to and why.

“Probably ‘Gymkhana Nine,’ because Hoonicorn [the original] is forever dead,” Reeve said.

Some big releases to look out for in the next year include:

• “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”- Dec. 16, 2016
  • “Passengers”- Dec. 21, 2016
  • “The Lego Batman Movie”- Feb. 10, 2017
  • “Logan” (Wolverine sequel)- March 3, 2017
  • “Kong: Skull Island”- March 10, 2017
  • “The Boss Baby”- March 31, 2017
  • “Guardians of the Galaxy Two”- May 5, 2017
  • “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”- May 26, 2016
  • “Wonder Woman”- June 2, 2017